The Trivia Hound


275. Hawaii, 7 December 1941

Mom & Scribe got #274!


Last night a freak magnetic storm arose and threw me off course. Instead of the Sudan in 1875, I found myself in the Pacific in 1941! You can see the remnants of the storm in this picture. You can also see the outline of a nuclear aircraft carrier--it's as out of place here as I am. I suspect it got sucked in by the same storm and dropped off here. We're going back to 1875 tomorrow, but since we're here, we might as well look around.




| posted by John, 7:06 AM

10 Comments:

um, I think this might be from the Time Machine.
Mom
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  
Nope....
Blogger John, at 9:42 AM  
Hmm, Since it was Dec. 6 yesterday, I guess you are referring to the Pearl Harbor attack. Can't place the movie though. There is no time travel in the movie though, right ?
Yes, there was time travel. There were no nuclear aircraft carriers in 1941. This one wasn't commissioned until 1975. Yet there it is. Now here's an interesting question. If the crew is from 1979, and they know what's about to happen, should they stop it if they can?
Blogger John, at 10:04 AM  
The made-for-TV movie about the leaky Russian sub? No...
Blogger John, at 12:34 PM  
Ooh ... Ooh ... I remember Martin Sheen (seen here) was in a time travel movie taking place on a ship. I think Kirk Douglas was in it as well ... can't really remember the name. I bet that's it.
You're on the right track!
Blogger John, at 12:43 PM  
They left a guy behind in 1941 when they returned to 1979, and he met them at the dock as a white-haired old man. A very wealthy old man.
Blogger John, at 1:08 PM  
This movie was called The Final Countdown. And I won't tell you what happens, since the DVD is available. :-P
Blogger John, at 3:09 PM  
The scene with the old man at the end gets me every time.

Add a comment